Syncing with iTunes
This method involves syncing your device with iTunes. After syncing, crash reports will be copied to a specific location on your hard drive. This method is also documented at https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#qa/qa1747/_index.html.
- Sync your device with iTunes on your desktop.
- After syncing, look for crash logs in the correct directory. See below for a list of directories for each operating system.
- In this directory, look for files starting with “RemotePatrol_" or "Remote Patrol HD_".
(NOTE FOR MAC USERS: ~/Library is hidden by default on Mac OS X. To easily get this folder, open the Finder application, then hold the "option" key while clicking on the "Go" menu. You should see a menu item for "Library." Click on that, then continue navigating to Logs, CrashReporter, etc.
Mac OS X:
\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<DEVICE_NAME>
Windows Vista or 7:
Emailing from a device
- Start by opening up the Settings app.
- Navigate to General -> About -> Diagnostics & Usage -> Diagnostic & Usage Data.
- Select a Chrome crash from the list. This will start with “RemotePatrol_” or "Remote Patrol HD_ and contain the timestamp of the crash.
- Tap on the crash and you will see a text field with a crash log. Long press to Select All and then Copy the crash text.
- Paste it into something you can get off of your device (for example, an email to yourself)